Join the Team
We’re always looking for more people to join the Verb family. If you consider yourself a self-starter and are up for a challenge, we would love to meet you.
Verb is an online leadership development platform that delivers whole person development via experiential learning. Our content framework combines traditional business skills with modern topics like self-awareness, servant leadership, implicit bias, empathy, and developing a growth mindset. Our experiential learning platform integrates on-demand learning, peer learning, mentorship, feedback, and assessments.
What awesome stuff you’ll do:
- Build a high-volume sales pipeline through prospecting and relationship-building within the mid-market and enterprise markets
- Create, qualify, and close sales opportunities based on Verb sales methodology & metrics, including customer fit and success criteria
- Effectively collaborate with internal resources (Market Development, Customer Success, Product Marketing, etc.) in sales efforts
- Uncover needs and develop relationships with multiple stakeholders within the assigned accounts across the lines of Business, IT, Procurement, Senior Management, and C-suite level executives
- Deliver outstanding web-based and in-person presentations, and be able to master the demonstration of our software
- Arrange, manage, and close complex sales cycles
- Be a driving force in the success of the company’s goals & objectives by achieving & exceeding individual sales quotas
- Accurately forecast sales activity and revenue achievement through proper use of sales tools
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Dedication to continuous follow-ups, specifically in a high-volume environment
- Ability to identify prospects, evaluate interest, recognize decision-making processes, handle objections and close deals
- Ability to create sales opportunities through self-driven prospecting
- Ability to manage a large number of prospect situations simultaneously
- Ability to communicate and build relationships with C-suite level executives and understand high-level executive decision making
- At least 3+ years of quota-carrying technology-based sales experience; 3+ years in SaaS preferred, HR Space a plus (B2B)
- Track record of over-achieving quotas in past positions
- Experience with Salesforce, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Google Drive, and web-based presentation technology
- “Hunter” / new business mentality and self-starter
- Experience managing the sales cycle from business champion to the CIO, CEO, CHRO, and CFO levels
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with a cadence of delivering quarterly results
- Previous sales methodology training, Salesforce experience, and strong customer references
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
When you work at Verb, we provide competitive benefits to make your life better both in and out of the office, which include: health, dental and vision insurance; open vacation policy; flexible wfh policy; and a great culture where you can be the best, honest version of yourself. At Verb, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to how we grow and operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices.
How to apply:
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.