Join the Team
We’re always looking for more people to join the Verb family. If you consider yourself a self-starter and are up for a challenge, we would love to meet you.
Content Marketing Specialist
Verb is an online leadership development platform that delivers whole person development via experiential learning. Our content framework combines traditional business skills with modern topics like self-awareness, servant leadership, implicit bias, empathy, and developing a growth mindset. Our experiential learning platform integrates on-demand learning, peer learning, mentorship, feedback, and assessments.
Overview of the role:
The job of the Content Marketing Specialist is to develop effective content and deliverables that align with our point of view on learning and leadership development today, share the value of our customer experiences, and effectively demonstrate our company’s product, features, and benefits.
We are looking for a Content Marketing Specialist to help execute our company’s content strategy. You will collaborate on the development of content to grow brand awareness and drive demand and ultimately revenue.
The role is ideal for a strategic thinker who thrives on creating content while telling a story. Someone who can distill the science of what we are doing into fun, lively, consumable content for readers. This is a great opportunity to have a huge impact on a fast-growing company and to build your own portfolio.
Effective content is vital to this company, so this role is ideal for someone who thrives on thinking big picture, yet isn’t afraid of being “in the weeds” with the needs of intended audiences to help us succeed.
This is a great opportunity to have a huge impact on a fast-growing company and to build your own portfolio.
What awesome stuff you’ll do:
- Develop original content over multiple platforms and formats (blogs, articles, instructional presentations, forum posts, webinar takeaways, social media messages, and more) designed to attract and educate prospects.
- Lead editorial planning of company blog and thought leadership
- Work with internal and external resources to help execute content initiatives.
- Coordinate with creative on content design.
- Support campaign brainstorming creation process
- Copyedit and review content for style guidelines, brand consistency, and voice.
- Help execute SEO strategy on blogs and web pages.
- Conduct in keyword research to identify new, lead generation focused content marketing opportunities and augment website content
- Collaborate cross-functionally on a variety of projects and deliverables to help all departments tell our story.
- Research industry trends and stay up-to-date on current thought leadership in the market.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Self-motivated and innately curious with a passion around content
- Exceptionally strong writing, proofing, and editing skills with a drive for accuracy and details—writing samples are a must
- Highly organized and adept at project management
- Experience with WordPress is desirable
- Thrives in a fast-paced highly productive and collaborative environment
- Start up experience highly valued!
When you work at Verb, we provide competitive benefits to make your life better both in and out of the office, which include: health, dental and vision insurance; open vacation policy; flexible wfh policy; and a great culture where you can be the best, honest version of yourself. At Verb, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to how we grow and operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices.
How to apply:
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.