Join the Team
We’re always looking for more people to join the Verb family. If you consider yourself a self-starter and are up for a challenge, we would love to meet you.
Verb is an online leadership development platform that delivers whole person development via experiential learning. Our content framework combines traditional business skills with modern topics like self-awareness, servant leadership, implicit bias, empathy, and developing a growth mindset. Our experiential learning platform integrates on-demand learning, peer learning, mentorship, feedback, and assessments.
This is an opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and be a huge influence in laying down the foundation for our sales process and shaping our culture. Hustle, humility, and life-long learning required!
Overview of the role:
The Market Developer role is a position that gives you a great opportunity to get started at one of Austin’s burgeoning startups. We’re growing fast and invite you to grow with us! Sales Development is a critical component of the sales organization at Verb. As the “tip of the spear,” you will open new sales conversations and create sales opportunities for our Account Executives. You will be on the front lines of our business and as such, you must be comfortable cold calling, talking to strangers, communicating our value proposition, and building our sales pipeline.
What awesome stuff you’ll do:
- Cold outbound calls and emails to prospective customers
- Schedule initial discovery/qualification calls with prospective customers
- Communicate to arm Account Executives for success (i.e. insights and intelligence about prospective customers) in a timely fashion
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing teams to help inform Demand Generation
- Assist Account Executives with pipeline management and prospect nurturing when appropriate/necessary
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Passion, resilience, and a good sense of humor required.
- Success in establishing and cultivating professional relationships, you are the first point of contact and voice of the company!
- Experience with client facing work, this could include anything from hospitality to customer support.
- Familiarity with G Suite (Gmail, Google Calendar, etc…)
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Adaptability: things change fast around here!
- High capacity for empathy.
- Exceptional listening skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate across all levels of a business.
- Bonus points for experience with Salesforce.com.
- You work best in dynamic environments where change is the only constant. If you thrive in a static organization with inert processes, keep looking!
When you work at Verb, we provide competitive benefits to make your life better both in and out of the office, which include: health, dental and vision insurance; open vacation policy; flexible wfh policy; and a great culture where you can be the best, honest version of yourself. At Verb, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to how we grow and operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices.
How to apply:
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.